Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do UN approved IBCs actually get inspected at the Ajman port or is it just paperwork?
#1
Alright so we're finally moving some of our liquid additives from jerry cans to something more professional cause the constant spillage and measuring mistakes are driving the floor guys nuts and frankly I'm tired of explaining to the accountant why we keep losing product. I was on Crateco's page earlier looking at their UN approved section and the specs seem pretty legit but I've never actually purchased IBC tank containers UN approved liquid transport in UAE before and the compliance part is stressing me out a little. We're not exporting overseas or anything crazy just hauling a few hundred liters of a non hazardous but kind of expensive coolant blend from our storage here in Ajman to a subcontractor up in Sharjah twice a month. My transport guy swears nobody will stop the truck and check the actual tank stamp unless there's an accident but I'd rather not find out he's wrong while sitting on the side of E311 with a fine. Anyone dealt with the municipality or civil defense on this kind of thing recently, are they really strict about seeing that specific UN marking during routine warehouse checks or is it more of a "nice to have" for the insurance file? Just trying to figure out if I should swallow the cost of the fully certified composite one or if a regular heavy duty tank does the trick as long as it's strapped down tight.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do UN approved IBCs actually get inspected at the Ajman port or is it just paperwork? - by loganhughes - 04-14-2026, 07:11 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)